If you haven’t been able to tell my blog posts have become much more personal and dealing with my own personal life. I’m opening up and talking about my anxiety, depression and ADHD. This is a scary part of my life and at 50 years old facing the difficulties I’ve had throughout most of my life is one of the most difficult things I’ve ever had to do.
Here I’m discussing my most recent issue ADHD.
I have done some research on ADHD as an adult and found that I have at least 5 of the symptoms of inattention in adults.
– Makes careless mistakes/lacks attention to detail
-Lacks sustained attention in tasks or play activities
– Has difficulty listening
– Fails to follow through on task and instructions
– Gets lost in details
– Has difficulty with organization, punctuality and planning
– Has temporary hyperfocus for highly important tasks but loses focus on mundane tasks of daily living (eg, returning phone calls, paying bills, keeping appointments)
– Loses the things necessary for task or activities (eg, wallet, cellphone, important paperwork).
Reference is : http://www.team-adhd.com
I have at least 5 of theses symptoms that have persisted for at least 6 months and negatively impact social and academic/occupations functioning, this is what is required to be diagnosed.
I have dealt with these my entire life and am just now starting to understand why I struggled so much throughout school and most recently my current job.
I’m currently in therapy to work some of my issues…ADHD is on the list and currently a big part of my life I need to get in control. Help is out there and I’m seeking it, I encourage anyone else no matter where you are in your life I encourage you to ask for help…I’m doing it at almost 50 years old and know I will better for it.